Answered: Windows 10 Creators Update

hickyburr

Hi Frank,

I'm wondering if you guys are experiencing any issues running the VPN manager on a clean installation of the new Windows 10 Creators Update. A lot of error messaging are popping up and the applications exits when configuring DNS leak protection, Firewall features?

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    15.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    27.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    7.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    47.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Solution
Hi Stephan, I got it working now by doing the following.
1. Removed all languages and re-added English (United States) - Picture 1
2. In advanced settings, I made sure that English (united States) is set as display language, and did apply the settings to the welcome screen, system accounts and new user accounts - Picture 2
3. Installed the VPN Manager and connected to OSLO server and it rocks :) - Picture3

Thank you so much for pointing me to right direction regarding language settings. I appreciate it alot :)
Yes, I tried that.
Here is my scenario: I did a clean installation of the OS (Windows 10 Creator's Update) instead of upgrading to Creator's Update, then of course I installed the latest VPN Manager on the fresh copy of the OS and was not able to establish any OpenVPN tunnel.

If it is working for you, I suppose you upgraded your OS, right? Or did you perform a clean installation of Windows 10?

Yes, I simply upgraded an existing Windows 10.

This seems to be some issue specific to your system (we have heard of no other issues with the Creator's Update so far). You say you are "unable to establish any VPN tunnel". Do you still get the same error dialogues you posted above? Or does just the connection fail? In that case, please provide us with the connection log.

There is no issues with my system. When I first upgraded my previous Windows 10 build, the VPN Manager worked, but I decided to do a clean installation instead, and the issues occurs.
If you have a test client, try to install a fresh copy of the latest build 1703 and you'll for sure have issues...
I tested this in three different clients so far and I'm experiencing the same issue on all devices. SO for now I'm using OpenVPN client instead to connect.

Yes, I'm still having those issues...
I think it may be a good idéa if you try a clean installation (not an upgrade) and you'll for sure have the same issue. I tried this in a fourth PC now and it can not be possible that all 4 PCs suddenly doesn't work.

Well I must say I have the same problem on Creator's version 1703 (build 15063.138) when I try to install fresh clean Creator's . SO I back to last 1607 os build 14393.1066

Okay, our developer is investigating this. This seems to be a pretty rare issue.

Codepage indicates this might have to do with language settings. Do you use a standard English Windows? Have you installed any additional language packs or modified the language settings in any way?

Thank you.

Difficult to troubleshoot as we are unable to reproduce it and you're literally the only one who has contacted us with this problem so far. However, our developer will take a more in-depth look at this. I'll get back to you as soon as I know more.

I don't know how you are trying to reproduce this. If you are upgrading from a previous Windows build where VPN manager were already installed, you'll be fine.
But if you do a "clean" installation of the OS, it's first then the problem occurs.

That is unlikely to cause the error or there would be a number of users with the same issue. Can you please show us your language settings as described in the link above?

Hi Stephan, I got it working now by doing the following.
1. Removed all languages and re-added English (United States) - Picture 1
2. In advanced settings, I made sure that English (united States) is set as display language, and did apply the settings to the welcome screen, system accounts and new user accounts - Picture 2
3. Installed the VPN Manager and connected to OSLO server and it rocks :) - Picture3

Thank you so much for pointing me to right direction regarding language settings. I appreciate it alot :)

Attachments

• picture1.PNG
    picture1.PNG
    19.8 KB · Views: 36
  • picture2.PNG
    picture2.PNG
    15.7 KB · Views: 39
  • picture3.PNG
    picture3.PNG
    36.5 KB · Views: 32
Solution
Well, that is an unexpected solution... But I am sure happy that you solved the problem.

It's still a mystery. I researched this error a bit it showed dozens of various applications which get the same error sometimes. It's always rare and solutions varied but it always involved language settings so that was our guess. Although we still don't know what *actually* caused it.

Greetings,

I have just become a customer and was instantly faced with the problem described in this thread, recently installed Win10 with an ISO from the MS homepage. The fix described by hickyburr worked, I switched everything to English (United States), installed the VPN Manager and switched the keyboard layout back to my native language. Everything works now.

Back