Answered: How good are Free VPN?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2277
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2277

I would like to know, if someone does not have that amount to pay for a vpn service and wants to opt for a free vpn.
Which ones are recommended and how much security is in store for the user?

If you think about a VPN Service, you need to know, that this kind of service needs an excessive amount of servers, connections and employees. These servers, connections and employees need to be paid somehow. If you dont pay for your service with your dollars, the company behind it needs to collect the money for the business somehow. So what is the only thing they could use to make money? Right! Your Data. So please, if you want to be secure and anonym, don´t use a free VPN. I highly recommend you to use a good quality service like PP. Even though often the free ones promise to be good. But sadly we live in a capitalist world. Everybody needs to make money. Nobody will give this to you as a gift.

Selling our data?

Yes. Your information that passes through their servers will be available for the third-party advertisers to either use for analytics purposes or targeting ads. You can use a free VPN by a company that earns its revenue through paid services, but I wouldn't rely on it as well. You can look for affordable plan or deals of some best VPN services to get the best out of your money.

Some VPNs can require payment but still use your data for selling if need be. ALWAYS consider your VPN choice before acting. At least PP has been reviewed by websites with complimentary words by critics.

@anajames :

The only situation which makes more or less sense to use an free vpn is on public hotspots like airport etc. to protect you against an attack.

Before i had used pp for this i used the app turbo vpn.

Regards

The Turbo VPN is a free VPN which I used for my iPhone some time ago, initially, it worked really well which I was using to unblock the Netflix US Library in Canada. But later on it was useless, I could not browse the desired library. Moreover, It asked me to buy the updated version. Then I thought why not get one of the prominent ones. Since I needed it specifically for Netflix, where we all know Netflix has been blocking VPN services for quite long. I came by some recommendations as Netflix VPN. Some of the top ones included Express, Nord, IPVanish, and Astrill. Express had a good option to get 30 days money back which is good as a trial, I decided on getting the subscription for ExpressVPN to watch the US Netflix Library.
Believe me it works the best. I just need to connect to a USA server in Washington as the guide says and I am able to binge watch my favorite shows and movies on Netflix that too US content.
I think I have found my VPN this time.

Hi Ana,

I read your first question here in which you mentioned which vpn to go for if someone has low budget and if they should go for free vpn ?!

I would like to advice you never ever go for a free vpn, they are not safe as proved in past they keep the logs of their users and later on some vpns were accused of selling their users data to some third party.

If you have got a low budget i must prefer to search for black friday vpn deals in google, because black friday is near and many vpns are introducing their best deals of the year. It is a good chance for you to grab the best one with the cheapest price ;)

After all its wise enough to spend some dollars rather than compromising your data and privacy. :D

@bohumil

Theres is no real proof for it

It can be or not but then u have to avoid every vpn provider.

Try to create ur own with algo if u want to deep dive in connected with more effort.

regards john

Warrant canary is like snake oil.

And first of all u have to thinking about how many security u need ..so whats ur private threat level.

But i u want to get rid of an one site authority u can use tor as an cascade or use an Program ( like openvpn) to cascade with an other vpn provider but afaik PP doesnt really provide this.

At the end.. u have to trust ur provider.. and i u have independet ones its far away from good but the threat isnt so big when only one is compromised.

The other one:

Algo is an script where u can create ur own vpn on an vps server.

regards

AFAIK Tor isn't secure so far (exitnodes). Created by the US gov. IMO just another honeypot.
Today, the tracking methods have progressed so much that the IP address is becoming increasingly important as a key feature.
Based on certain features, such as the cookies, installed browser add-ons, screen resolution, standard language and others, users can be almost uniquely identified.
Why PP doesn't provide cascades? They say they do. But I don't use it.

Last edited:
May tor isnt 100 % secure but far away from controlled by the agency as their toy.

U can protect against off all these ones which uve mentioned. Just google for it.

IP Adress at this point is only a threat when an Authority is working for the "other" side or eavesdrops from the agency.

Traffic correlation is a big point, but u are more or less secure ( based on if u are on most wanted list from for example the fbi) to surf with an 2 authority cascade.

U have to weight up ur personal need of security u dont need an armor tank for kids with paintballs !!!

regards

Back