How good are Free VPN?

Discussion in 'Anonymity, privacy and security' started by anajames, Apr 26, 2017.

1. a

anajames Member

I would like to know, if someone does not have that amount to pay for a vpn service and wants to opt for a free vpn.
    Which ones are recommended and how much security is in store for the user?

2. PP Stephan

PP Stephan Staff Member

I would not recommend any free VPN services. If a company has no product to sell, chances are the product is you.

Alfonso, maxxx and anajames like this.
  3. M

MathieuForPresident New Member

If you think about a VPN Service, you need to know, that this kind of service needs an excessive amount of servers, connections and employees. These servers, connections and employees need to be paid somehow. If you dont pay for your service with your dollars, the company behind it needs to collect the money for the business somehow. So what is the only thing they could use to make money? Right! Your Data. So please, if you want to be secure and anonym, donĀ“t use a free VPN. I highly recommend you to use a good quality service like PP. Even though often the free ones promise to be good. But sadly we live in a capitalist world. Everybody needs to make money. Nobody will give this to you as a gift.

4. a

anajames Member

Selling our data?

5. P

Peter Kendrick New Member

Yes. Your information that passes through their servers will be available for the third-party advertisers to either use for analytics purposes or targeting ads. You can use a free VPN by a company that earns its revenue through paid services, but I wouldn't rely on it as well. You can look for affordable plan or deals of some best VPN services to get the best out of your money.

Alfonso likes this.
  6. a

anajames Member

That is what i had in mind, what could be the catch. There is nothing free in this world.

7. t

turquoise New Member

Some VPNs can require payment but still use your data for selling if need be. ALWAYS consider your VPN choice before acting. At least PP has been reviewed by websites with complimentary words by critics.

8. A

ALex_White New Member

As practice shows, any free VPN doesn't provide a good service. I prefer and advise you to buy it. There are many inexpensive and excellent services with high speed, ultra-secure and no logs. I bought via TopVPNchoice. Good service, a lot of information about VPNs with ratings, plans and reviews. I bought the best VPN on market and for me is SaferVPN. I saved -72% on a 3 years subscription. real Savings for such an easy-to-use service.

9. R

Ronnie_Andersen New Member

I would never suggest anyone free VPN since it's limited to a few features. Your privacy will not be 100% and your online activities will be vulnerable. I would suggest you go for the most affordable VPN for USA as it contains detail analysis for CyberGhost. That is what I am using and by far it has lived up to my expectations by being smooth and fast

10. Pendragon

Pendragon New Member

[H]ardOcp posted a news article the other day about this very thing .. If you care about privacy, never use a free VPN

11. m

moejoe Member

@anajames :

The only situation which makes more or less sense to use an free vpn is on public hotspots like airport etc. to protect you against an attack.

Before i had used pp for this i used the app turbo vpn.

Regards

12. m

moejoe Member