Answered: Servers in Russia and Netherlands

GoodYear

It looks like servers in Russia and especially Netherlands are the most busy. Even at night time usage sometimes goes into red on Amsterdam servers. I wonder which servers are more expensive: in Thailand, or Holland? Is Hong Kong in Asia not enough? Comparing to Bangkok server in Hong Kong is flying. Perhaps admin should think about adding more servers in countries where they are the most needed/used. We definitely need more servers in Holland and Russia. How many members use a new gigabit server in France?

Solution
Hi,

the Amsterdam and Moscow based servers are really well used, which is partially caused by their long existence, resulting in a lot of members knowing and using them. Usually bandwidth usage on recently added severs, as the ones in France and Switzerland, increases over time as more members get to use them.

At the moment we are satisfied with the servers locations, it's a good mix. Keep in mind, depending where on earth you are, different servers might be useful or at least come in handy every once in a while. When we add a new server, it'll be in a location where it seems to be most useful.
And while I'm here, what happened to Hong Kong server? It's very-very slow now. And it's been like that for 3 days continuously. Especially when connected through proxy http and socks. Last week the speed was amazing taking into consideration how far away it is.

Hello,

no, if i get a good offer from 2x4 for 500 MBits, then i will cancel Moscow 1 and 2. One Server with 300 - 500 MBit is more as enough in Moscow.

To Hongkong: I will check it.

Any updates on server in Hong Kong? I can't connect to it via vpn and http proxy won't let me browse. As to Moscow. If you think one server is enough. Fine with me. But perhaps you could do a poll and see what your users think about servers in Russia?

Hello,

i write this Message about our Server in Hong Kong. Hong Kong works fine. I checked OpenVPN and Squid.

To Moscow: Yes: One Server is really enough with a liitle bit more Bandwith as now. I will speak with the Boss from 2x4 in the next days about it, but Moscow is not on our first Priority, because we have really enough free Kapacity and Bandwith on the most of our Server. If it is not enough for you on Moscow, then use Gigabit NL or De, CH.

I checked it and you are right. Sorry, but i use no Windows. 5080 is the Standard Port für Squid in Tunnelmanager. I tryed it with Hong Kong and i have no problems.

I respond here because if I write in a Deutsch forum you respond in German and I don't speak German at all. I have only a problem with 5080 port. Every other port including 22, 3128, 5081 etc works fine. And it's only with Hong Kong server. Every other server I use works with 5080 like a charm. There is nothing wrong with my settings. I can connect to Hong Kong server. Problem starts when I try to browse. The "connecting" circle in my Firefox keeps spinning without success.

Hello,

we do not change anything. This is is a local Problem from you, because the other Member have Access. I checked it also via Tunnelmanager and without SSH

Back