Servers in Russia and Netherlands

GoodYear

And while I'm here, what happened to Hong Kong server? It's very-very slow now. And it's been like that for 3 days continuously. Especially when connected through proxy http and socks. Last week the speed was amazing taking into consideration how far away it is.

PP Frank

Staff member
Hello,

no, if i get a good offer from 2x4 for 500 MBits, then i will cancel Moscow 1 and 2. One Server with 300 - 500 MBit is more as enough in Moscow.

To Hongkong: I will check it.

GoodYear

Any updates on server in Hong Kong? I can't connect to it via vpn and http proxy won't let me browse. As to Moscow. If you think one server is enough. Fine with me. But perhaps you could do a poll and see what your users think about servers in Russia?

PP Frank

Staff member
Hello,

i write this Message about our Server in Hong Kong. Hong Kong works fine. I checked OpenVPN and Squid.

To Moscow: Yes: One Server is really enough with a liitle bit more Bandwith as now. I will speak with the Boss from 2x4 in the next days about it, but Moscow is not on our first Priority, because we have really enough free Kapacity and Bandwith on the most of our Server. If it is not enough for you on Moscow, then use Gigabit NL or De, CH.

GoodYear

Yes, I just checked and OpenVPN is working today. Thank you. Seems there is a problem only when using http proxy. I can connect, but it won't let me browse.

PP Frank

Staff member
I checked HTTp(This is Squid) without any Problems. I used Firefox and honking.perfect-privacy.com with 3128 as Port.

GoodYear

PP Frank;n2713 said:
I checked HTTp(This is Squid) without any Problems. I used Firefox and honking.perfect-privacy.com with 3128 as Port.
I use port 5080. It came preinstalled with your tunnel manager. Should I change it?

GoodYear

PP Frank;n2742 said:
5080 is Socks5 and no HTTP/Squid. You need the Squid
I thought 5081 is socks5, is it not? Check the preinstalled settings in your tunnel manager and please update if they are wrong. Thanks.

PP Frank

Staff member
I checked it and you are right. Sorry, but i use no Windows. 5080 is the Standard Port für Squid in Tunnelmanager. I tryed it with Hong Kong and i have no problems.

GoodYear

I respond here because if I write in a Deutsch forum you respond in German and I don't speak German at all. I have only a problem with 5080 port. Every other port including 22, 3128, 5081 etc works fine. And it's only with Hong Kong server. Every other server I use works with 5080 like a charm. There is nothing wrong with my settings. I can connect to Hong Kong server. Problem starts when I try to browse. The "connecting" circle in my Firefox keeps spinning without success.

GoodYear

Can you tell me did you change/update anything on Hong Kong server in the last 2 weeks? I'm asking because I started to experience this problem the week before.

PP Frank

Staff member
Hello,

we do not change anything. This is is a local Problem from you, because the other Member have Access. I checked it also via Tunnelmanager and without SSH

PP Frank

Staff member
Soooo. We have now on every Moscow Server 250 MBit for the same Price. That is enough for Moscow.