Answered: Servers in Russia and Netherlands

GoodYear

It looks like servers in Russia and especially Netherlands are the most busy. Even at night time usage sometimes goes into red on Amsterdam servers. I wonder which servers are more expensive: in Thailand, or Holland? Is Hong Kong in Asia not enough? Comparing to Bangkok server in Hong Kong is flying. Perhaps admin should think about adding more servers in countries where they are the most needed/used. We definitely need more servers in Holland and Russia. How many members use a new gigabit server in France?

Solution
Hi,

the Amsterdam and Moscow based servers are really well used, which is partially caused by their long existence, resulting in a lot of members knowing and using them. Usually bandwidth usage on recently added severs, as the ones in France and Switzerland, increases over time as more members get to use them.

At the moment we are satisfied with the servers locations, it's a good mix. Keep in mind, depending where on earth you are, different servers might be useful or at least come in handy every once in a while. When we add a new server, it'll be in a location where it seems to be most useful.
Hi,

the Amsterdam and Moscow based servers are really well used, which is partially caused by their long existence, resulting in a lot of members knowing and using them. Usually bandwidth usage on recently added severs, as the ones in France and Switzerland, increases over time as more members get to use them.

At the moment we are satisfied with the servers locations, it's a good mix. Keep in mind, depending where on earth you are, different servers might be useful or at least come in handy every once in a while. When we add a new server, it'll be in a location where it seems to be most useful.

Solution
I like the Swiss addition. And I wouldn't mind having another one there. But France? I'm sure the majority of members will continue to use servers in NL even if you add servers in Italy, or Denmark for example. Everyone knows the reason for that. And while I'm on it, I can't connect to RU server 1 and server 3 is down for two days. And what happened to 5 servers in LU? I can't find the configuration files in the members area. Only for gigabit servers.

Hi,

I'm sure there's also a bunch of members who are happy about the added server in France, sorry if you are not among them. Moscow1 has been down due to DDOS, but is available again. Moscow3 is unfortunately still down, we have no ETA.
The servers in Luxembourg, you are referring to, have been replaced by the second gigabit server (lu2.gigabit) quite some time ago. We kept some of them running the old OpenVPN configuration during the switch and for some time afterwards, to have a fallback option for members who were having trouble changing their setups.

Then please make sure servers you have in RU are working properly. Http proxy and socks are not working on Moscow1 server. I can connect, but unable to browse. Always get an error - the requested URL could not be retrieved. Moscow2 is fine. Moscow3 is very-very slow. And I don't think it's only me. Moscow1 and Moscow3 are always green and only on Moscow2 the indicator for bandwidth used is going into red sometimes.

Great. Now there are only 2 servers in Russia left. What's happened to 3rd? And Moscow1 is also not always available. I still don't understand the point of having a gigabit server in France. There are 3 in Germany and 2 in Luxembourg. Before adding new servers please check which countries are the most used. There is a reason why majority of your members use servers in NL, SE and RU. Thank you.

Yes, I know Moscow1 shows as available. But the connection drops often. That's why I wrote it's not always available.
Having Gigabit servers in NL, LU and CH is very useful and thank you for that. My point was about a Gigabit server in France. Why not in Moscow? I know it cost more, but your members will appreciate it a lot. Thank you.

If you have an Offer for a Gigabit Server unmetered in Moscow under 1000 Euro, then you can send me this offer. I found only 100 MBit unmetered for 200 - 400 Euro/Month.
And please: We have also a Budget and we pay at the moment more as 1 or 2 Euro for all our Server. We have not soo many Member, that we can pay unlimited Server worldwide for million Euros. At the Moment we have only a few hundrets Euro in our Budget free.

Ich glaube nur 1GBit Port. Weiter unten steht was von 100 MBIt Full Duplex. Wer Russisch kann, kann hier mal helfen. Das was Google Translate ausspuckt, schnalle ich jedenfalls nicht und mein Russischunterricht ist knappe 20 Jahre her.

PP Frank;n2602 said:
If you have an Offer for a Gigabit Server unmetered in Moscow under 1000 Euro, then you can send me this offer. I found only 100 MBit unmetered for 200 - 400 Euro/Month.
And please: We have also a Budget and we pay at the moment more as 1 or 2 Euro for all our Server. We have not soo many Member, that we can pay unlimited Server worldwide for million Euros. At the Moment we have only a few hundrets Euro in our Budget free.

http://www.hostkey.com/dedicated/russia/
Uplink Port 1 Gbps with 15 TB bandwidth cost around 350-400 EUR a month.

I checked the second offer(The first is realy bad. No way for this Price) and the first that i see "15 TB/month 150 Dollar". On a GBit Server the maximum is 320 TB/Month. You will have never a 100 Percent usage, but on a GBit Server we must calculate 150-250 TB/Month. 15 TB is a bad Joke for us on a Gigabit Server. 15 TB is on 100 MBit Mashine critical(20-25 TB/month), but GBit..........

I'm more interested in Hostkey. You will get a good product for your money there. If hostkey.com agrees to provide a server with 1 Gbps uplink and unmetered bandwidth for under 1000 EUR a month, will you sign up? I will contact them on your behalf if you want. I speak Russian.

I will ask at first 2x4 in the next days for a better offer. 2x4 is our first choice, because we have this server a long time without great problems. it doesn't help us, if we cancel the 100 MBit Server on 2x4 and then we lost a new GBit Server after a few months.

But: You can ask hostkey for a Server. We need the follow:

CentOS 6,4 64bit.
Min: Core i3 CPU
Not too much RAM and Harddisc, we need only Space for a CentOS Image and a few MB for a Userland Image.
If possible 30 IP's
Min 150 TB Traffic. You can ask for 250 TB instead of unmetered. In a normal case unmetered cost more as 250 TB but 250 TB is enough. If it is too much for the Datacenter, you can also ask for 150-200 TB Traffic.

The cheapest they can do is 1200 EUR. This includes 1 Gbps connection, unmetered traffic and everything else you asked for. They also offered me 1 Gbps server with unmetered traffic in NL for 750 EUR. Don't know how much you pay at the moment.

And if any interest, 500Mbps in RU will cost around 690 EUR.

PP Frank;n2624 said:
I will ask at first 2x4 in the next days for a better offer. 2x4 is our first choice, because we have this server a long time without great problems. it doesn't help us, if we cancel the 100 MBit Server on 2x4 and then we lost a new GBit Server after a few months.

But: You can ask hostkey for a Server. We need the follow:

CentOS 6,4 64bit.
Min: Core i3 CPU
Not too much RAM and Harddisc, we need only Space for a CentOS Image and a few MB for a Userland Image.
If possible 30 IP's
Min 150 TB Traffic. You can ask for 250 TB instead of unmetered. In a normal case unmetered cost more as 250 TB but 250 TB is enough. If it is too much for the Datacenter, you can also ask for 150-200 TB Traffic.

Hello,

the Price for NL is OK, it is a little bit higher as I3D, but not so much. But we do not need a additional Server in NL.

"And if any interest, 500Mbps in RU will cost around 690 EUR."

That is interesting. This is a offer that i can use, if i speak with 2x4 for a new Offer with higher Traffic and Bandwith. I will speak at first with 2x4.

Thanks

PP Frank;n2652 said:
Hello,

the Price for NL is OK, it is a little bit higher as I3D, but not so much. But we do not need a additional Server in NL.

"And if any interest, 500Mbps in RU will cost around 690 EUR."

That is interesting. This is a offer that i can use, if i speak with 2x4 for a new Offer with higher Traffic and Bandwith. I will speak at first with 2x4.

Thanks

Glad I could help. I think having all servers in one data centre is not a very good idea. If they go down, all 3 servers go down. If money is an issue, perhaps you can get one 100 Mbps server from hostkey and compare it with 2x4?

Back