Can someone respond to my ticket please?

ChrisJ

Freshly Joined Member
I'm considering switching to Perfect privacy from NordVPN as I need a provider which fully supports IPv6. As part of my evaluation process I opened a support ticket (3207) on July 7th with the following questions:

1. I downloaded your macOS app. Supposedly there is a section with advanced configuration options; I ticked the box to enable this but nothing changed. I cannot see/access any of the advanced options...

2. Is it possible to set your macOS app to 'launch on startup' (i.e. auto launch when the user logs in)? Some apps have an in-app preference for this but your's does not. Shall I just add it to my login items?

3. Is it possible to set your macOS app to 'auto connect' on start and is it possible to specify the country or server to auto connect to?

4. if the app is set to 'auto connect' and the VPN tunnel drops for some reason, will the VPN retry the connection? I am looking for a solution that enables an 'always on' VPN tunnel.

5. Does you app provide any kind of app level 'kill switch'? By this I mean that if the VPN tunnel drops your app will force terminate a set of specified applications/processes.

(2), (3) and (4) are features provided by NordVPN that are essential for me. (5) is a 'nice to have'.

As well as wanting the requested information this was also an evaluation of your support responsiveness. I'm not exactly impressed so far...

Can someone please answer my questions?

Thanks, Chris

Hi,

auto connect and 'launch on startup' is a planned function. Yes the programm has an kill switch option. With IPSec i think it gives an auto connect or when you use the OpenVPN protocol, you can use Tunnelblick. This has an auto connect function.

Hi @Kurio38J . Thanks for your reply. You say that launch on startup and auto connect are planned functions; that's good to hear but may I ask how you know this? And what is the timeline? 'Planned' could mean next month or next year (the latter is no good for me). Where can I find configuration options relating to the 'kill switch'? The Mac client seems very rudimentary and enabling the 'advanced' configuration options doesn't seem to provide any additional options...

Thanks, Chris

Sorry but it gives no ETA for this futures.... For the killswitch fuction u must enable the mac os firewall and go under preferences and enable the "Traffic Leak Protection" and the Expert Mode.

Hi @Kurio38J . Thanks for your reply. You say that launch on startup and auto connect are planned functions; that's good to hear but may I ask how you know this? And what is the timeline? 'Planned' could mean next month or next year (the latter is no good for me). Where can I find configuration options relating to the 'kill switch'? The Mac client seems very rudimentary and enabling the 'advanced' configuration options doesn't seem to provide any additional options...

Thanks, Chris
Sounds sadly about right. Note that all of your requested features are present in the Windows version, but like many other primarily Windows developers (including Microsoft themselves), MacOS users are just "second banana" when it comes to providing a satisfying user experience. As a Windows user myself, I still feel for you MacOS users who are treated this way. It sucks all around.

Back