Answered: Tracking

• Thread starter Deleted member 3580
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3580

Why do you use 3rd party tracking services on your website?

Solution
"Why do you use 3rd party tracking services on your website?" -> because we give google money so they send us customers, because without customers we don't have a VPN Service. Google is not loaded if you originate from our servers, so we (actually google) only track non customers.

"Do you log real IP address, connection start/end time, and total traffic transferred during the session. And if not can you provide proof." -> No we don't log that. There is no proof on that other than our track record. We had multiple servers seized by police, in multiple countries, and so on...

"Using "deprecated" (I assume you mean "dedicated") server. Why and are they secure?" -> Because its better than virtual servers, because there is no one else...
Do you log real IP address, connection start/end time, and total traffic transferred during the session. And if not can you provide proof.

Why do you use 3rd party tracking services on your website?
I think it makes sense to use Google Analytics espcially if you are doing advertisement at Google Adwords as well.

Do you log real IP address, connection start/end time, and total traffic transferred during the session. And if not can you provide proof.
PP Server do not log or store any connection details. But of course any VPN server is using the real IP adress at the moment when your data is processed.

Info: As you know for sure is, that any VPN provider which has limited plans for data usage or for concurrent connections is using central databased logfiles.

The PP servers are using NO central authentification, this is why you are able to use unlimited connections at the same time. And PP servers do not use local SSD or HDD, the operating systems are for one time usage installed on RAM Disk, which means that even the necessary informations to process the data is deleted immediatly.

But if you are not sure about logfiles, then you should definitly use VPN cascades, which makes it impossible to see on any single running server the actually sender and receivers adresses then.

I was not asking about website. Perfect Forward secrecy is a method for better anonymization. Perfect Privacy VPN don't use DNS over TLS which is more secure.

I was not asking about website. Perfect Forward secrecy is a method for better anonymization. Perfect Privacy VPN don't use DNS over TLS which is more secure.
That makes sense yes. If you dont use a VPN which ist using the DNS directly at the same server!! Or has encrypted connections from Server to Server like PP already is using!"! And if you are not connected to any PP server you are not able to use PP DNS Servers at all. So there is absolutly no need for DNS over TLS

And PP servers do not use local SSD or HDD, the operating systems are for one time usage installed on RAM Disk, which means that even the necessary informations to process the data is deleted immediatly.
What does Perfect-Privacy do on a kernel update which forces the server to do a reboot? Do they delete the whole server and reconfigure it or are they operating on unsecure kernels?

Last edited:
What does Perfect-Privacy do on a kernel update which forces the server to do a reboot? Do they delete the whole server and reconfigure it or are they operating on unsecure kernels?
Lars made a fully automatic installation for the server sided configuration so it isn't that much of a hassle

Suspicious that no Perfect Privacy offical wants to answer this question. Always bad when a VPN provider seems to be not willing to answer critical questions. Bummer!

@Bushido - this is mostly a user forum, rather than a support forum.

If you actually find this issue to be of critical importance, as you claim it to be, you would be much better off emailing support directly. You would get a prompt reply.

@Bushido - this is mostly a user forum, rather than a support forum.

If you actually find this issue to be of critical importance, as you claim it to be, you would be much better off emailing support directly. You would get a prompt reply.

Really? Somehow the Perfect Privacy team answers on any even totally uninteresting and offtopic discussion beside critical questions. :) Highlights what they stand for. ;) I am out of here. Enjoy their lies! @webslap

I guess that means you didn't want to just email support your 'critical' question. :)
Adios!
What is the difference between waiting for an answer of a question which has been asked in their official support forum or writing a private message? The silence of their support team just shows that they have something to hide. If they were tranparent they would answer my question. @PP Lars @PP Frank @PP Stephan @webslap @mbr829 @8vn5acnmf5 and so on.

Ihr könnt euch auch ganz gepflegt in Deutsch austauschen, ist doch eure Muttersprache.
This is the english section so I stick to this language. ;)

"Why do you use 3rd party tracking services on your website?" -> because we give google money so they send us customers, because without customers we don't have a VPN Service. Google is not loaded if you originate from our servers, so we (actually google) only track non customers.

"Do you log real IP address, connection start/end time, and total traffic transferred during the session. And if not can you provide proof." -> No we don't log that. There is no proof on that other than our track record. We had multiple servers seized by police, in multiple countries, and so on...

"Using "deprecated" (I assume you mean "dedicated") server. Why and are they secure?" -> Because its better than virtual servers, because there is no one else on the hardware to do shenanigans.

"Does PP use perfect forward secrecy?" -> Yes, always when available.

"Perfect Privacy VPN don't use DNS over TLS which is more secure." -> Nobody does. We tried, there is basically no software support for this. This will be supported the moment its useful.

"What does Perfect-Privacy do on a kernel update which forces the server to do a reboot? Do they delete the whole server and reconfigure it or are they operating on unsecure kernels?"
-> Trash, Reboot, Reupload, Restart. In that order. All systems are always up to date, non critical kernel updates may lag behind a few days because we don't reboot every system the moment some minor kernel update appears.

"What is the difference between waiting for an answer of a question which has been asked in their official support forum or writing a private message? The silence of their support team just shows that they have something to hide" -> Or it shows that we have no interest in answering questions that have been answered many times before, in our FAQ, in the forum, and that are being answered to you by our competent and longterm community members.

Regards
Lars

Solution
Back