The traffic from Android phone tethered devices are not routed via the VPN

denqyj

Freshly Joined Member
I have configured my Android phone to connect to the Internet via the VPN and verified that it works properly, but the traffic from the cell phone tethered devices such as the laptop are not routed via the VPN.

How to make the traffic from the cell phone tethered devices are also routed via the VPN?

I have configured my Android phone to connect to the Internet via the VPN and verified that it works properly, but the traffic from the cell phone tethered devices such as the laptop are not routed via the VPN.

How to make the traffic from the cell phone tethered devices are also routed via the VPN?
You need a rooted device, Android doesn't allow it otherwise. Then you run commands in terminal or you can install an app that will make it work but the app only works if the phone is rooted. It's called "Be My God" for some reason. It's on the play store under the name https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=be.mygod.vpnhotspot pretty sure they updated it recently also. If you have a rooted phone and its not working I'll give you some pointers.

It's not possible to VPN Tether this Perfect Privacy Android app. For some reason all VPN tether apps don't even recognize that there is a VPN connection.

Maybe, Perfect Privacy should finally consider making real proper Android app. This one is based on outdated version of strongSwan, not updated for years.

Back