Answered: Problems connecting to any server

Zendar

Hi guys,

i'm having trouble connecting to all servers, my Viscosity log says:
----------
Aug 10 15:36:15: Viscosity Mac 1.4.4 (1138)
Aug 10 15:36:15: Viscosity OpenVPN Engine Started
Aug 10 15:36:15: Running on Mac OS X 10.8.4
Aug 10 15:36:15: ---------
Aug 10 15:36:15: Checking reachability status of connection...
Aug 10 15:36:15: Connection is reachable. Starting connection attempt.
Aug 10 15:36:17: OpenVPN 2.3.2 i386-apple-darwin [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [PKCS11] [MH] [IPv6] built on Jun 7 2013
---------

and it stays like this forever "connecting".

Please find my Tunnelblick-log attached (EDIT: sorry, not possible, board won't let me :-( )

I've sent an eMail to the PP-crew to check the account... any other ideas?

Thanks & best wishes,
Zendar

@Frank:

Thanks for your response. I'm using the files from the zip on the new designed page (download) called "ppConfig_mac.zip". Is this the right one?

Best wishes,
Nic

For use with Viscosity it is the right config package (though I have not tested it myself yet). But for use with Tunnelblick there is a separate configuration package available using the new Tunnelblick format, installation of new configurations is possible by simply double-clicking the file. Quite cool actually. :cool:

Not sure if you already tried deleting the old configs before installing the new ones (if you haven't, I recommend doing so), but you can keep the ones for Steinsel as they are still running the old configuration.

Hmmm... now that is strange.

I just let Viscosity keep trying to connect overnight. This morning it asked me for the username/pw, and after entering it it suddently worked. I did not do/change a thing, but it seems to work now.

I've never installed Viscosity before, so it's a clean install with no prio config files or anything...

@Zendar: Yes this does sound strange. Not sure what might have been the issue here, it's hard to tell without the log. In case of trouble you can always copy & paste the information from the log here in a post. If doing so, for your privacy, replace your username and local IP address with XXX.

Back