Answered: Perfect Privacy for Android

Solution
Hi,

you can set up PPTP in the system settings. You will have to enter a name for this VPN connection, the domain name of the VPN server, your username and password and then connect. If this does not work, can you please send me a screenshot of the settings used? Or are you referring to some other VPN service here?
Hi,

you can set up PPTP in the system settings. You will have to enter a name for this VPN connection, the domain name of the VPN server, your username and password and then connect. If this does not work, can you please send me a screenshot of the settings used? Or are you referring to some other VPN service here?

Solution
PPTP used to work for Perfect Privacy, but no longer. Have you tried actually doing this of late? It no longer works. I had it going just fine until PP changed some of it's lineup. I COULD just plain be mistaken and wrong.

For me, PPP is still not working on Android (Galaxy Series). Neither over WLAN nor UMTS.
IPSec works, but i dont want to use a shared PSK Key because it offers no real security.

Does somebody has a workaround?

Could use openvpn, but i want to use the android feature "Always-On VPN" and as i see thats not possible with the openvpn version (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...blinkt.openvpn). I dont have root and cant make manual iptables rules on my android device so there is - in my eyes - no workaround for always-on openvpn.

Hi,

today i installed this package: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.blinkt.openvpn
I posted a false information (i didnt / dont see it in the description of the app): Its possible to force all connection using openvpn. If openvpn tunnel is not up, all connections will be dropped until the phone is connected again. Reconnecting works automatically.

I dont know how good the option is working. In the next days i will make some tcpdump tests and report my results. However, i would feel more secure if i could have access to iptables and set rules, but it seems not be possible without rooting the phone. I am little bit paranoid and nobody knows what a cracked firmware really changes or includes.

PS: openvpn on android uses really a lot of power. The openvpn server sends every x seconds a keepalive paket, so there is constantly network traffic which needs power.

PPS, about pp board: It seems the vbulletin template dont works correctly without dom storage.

PP Daniel;n2373 said:
Hi,

Hey,
I got a question regarding this.
What is the domain name of the VPN server?

Hi,

I referred to the fully qualified domain name (FQDN), in this case of any of our privacy servers, for example "amsterdam.perfect-privacy.com" (without the quotes) would connect to one of our servers in amsterdam, while "amsterdam1.perfect-privacy.com" would connect to server amsterdam1 specifically. Either way should work.

kuser said:
Hi,

today i installed this package: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.blinkt.openvpn
I posted a false information (i didnt / dont see it in the description of the app): Its possible to force all connection using openvpn. If openvpn tunnel is not up, all connections will be dropped until the phone is connected again. Reconnecting works automatically.

I dont know how good the option is working. In the next days i will make some tcpdump tests and report my results. However, i would feel more secure if i could have access to iptables and set rules, but it seems not be possible without rooting the phone. I am little bit paranoid and nobody knows what a cracked firmware really changes or includes.

PS: openvpn on android uses really a lot of power. The openvpn server sends every x seconds a keepalive paket, so there is constantly network traffic which needs power.

PPS, about pp board: It seems the vbulletin template dont works correctly without dom storage.
Hey there,

AFWall+ (AFirewall) - Donation necessary for having all features (@ google play store) could be what you are searching for : iptables, rules, binaries configurable, passwort...
I use this app more than 1 year and it's really satisfying...(Tab 7.7 Samsung, ICS 4.0.4)

greetings
aristid

Back