Multiple conections to same server

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers (Q&A)' started by justincase21, May 18, 2019.

1. j

justincase21 New Member

Hi,

I am trying to connect three devices to a single PP server (Melbourne), but the third connection is refused. Is there a limit on how many times a single IP can connect to the same VPN server? If not, what might be causing this problem?

For background...

I live in Melbourne Australia. I have a PFSense router permanently connected via OpenVPN to PP Melbourne for all outbound traffic. I have a Firewall rule which routes port 500 via my ISP (no VPN).

I am now attempting to setup two Android phones (Pixel 2) via the Perfect Privacy app with "Always on" to PP Melbourne. Phone A will connect via local network to Melbourne but Phone 2 will not. If I disconnect WiFi on Phone 2, I can connect via 4G.

2. j

justincase21 New Member

I would appreciate if an admin could respond to this.

Thank you.

3. PP Werner

PP Werner Staff Member

Hello.

We generally don't restrict the number of devices connected.
    Does this only happen on the Melbourne server or any other server, too?

Keep in mind that IPsec only uses port 500 for the key exchange. Encrypted traffic either uses the ESP protocol or UDP on port 4500.

4. b

bigplayer Member

As far I know it is impossible to make more than one openvpn connection to the same server at the same time.
    This ist not cause PP is restricting that under purpose, this ist cause OpenVPN installed on a server allows only one connetion at the time with the same login. You will have the same Problem with other VPN Provider like Ovpn, Nvpn as well.
    @PP Lars you as the tech admin should be able to give us a better statement about that theme. Thanks
    I think it was already written somewhere but I can't find it anymore.

This Problem belongs only to OpenVpn, If you use Ipsec, PPTP or proxies you can do multiple connections with the same Server at the same time. You also can do one connection with the server with OpenVPN and Ipsec at the same time no problem.

Erenys likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice