Answered: linux client.conf script has gone down

slayer7

Freshly Joined Member
perfect privacy has changed their login for linux boxes

i am using client.conf file and the settings wont login i am using london config

what has changed? cheers

i cant attach client.conf as it wont let me put anything over 1000 characters.

Solution
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. But it appears to me you are referring to the change of the client certificates and the corresponding keys. We had to change them because they were expiring, and will again have to do so in the future. Most TLS certificates are only valid for a limited amount of time and have then to be replaced due to security reasons.
Not sure what you mean and what your setup looks like. Try to identify the guide matching your setup on this page, then make sure your setup is according to the appropriate guide. Download of (possibly) updated configuration files is also possible from within the guide.

Thanks the config has changed in some way hence clients wont login i changed to latest config and it works. i now have to go round all clients and change which will take a long time. why do they change login method is the question.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. But it appears to me you are referring to the change of the client certificates and the corresponding keys. We had to change them because they were expiring, and will again have to do so in the future. Most TLS certificates are only valid for a limited amount of time and have then to be replaced due to security reasons.

Solution
thanks for explaining that i did not thought that. this is a big problem, is there a way to know when this rekeying phase happens and is there any leeway so i can login to clients and change/ update tls keys? cheers

Back