Answered: JonDonym Browser & Perfect Privacy VPN

The Spy

Freshly Joined Member
Hi There!

It is a well-known fact that no one can hide on the Internet, i.e. to remain anonymous.
Also, if we use browsers built on Chrome - Google Chrome, Chromium, etc. our anonymity and security are not guaranteed at all.
Mozilla Firefox browser and its variants guarantee your privacy, but you need to change a lot of settings.

So, does Perfect Privacy VPN and JonDonym browser can work efective and without conflict.

I used JDB for a while and never noticed any conflict. But JDB now is a bit outdated (based on FF 52 ESR), I don't know if on can say it would be effective for not being traced (except maybe on Jondo Network)

Well, we're in the middle of a huge transition. IP- & Cookiebased tracking mechanisms are outdated, fingerprinting on all levels taken over and the next step is already being applied on wider scale: Machine/Deep learning based behaviour analytics. While it's still possible to protect against fingerprinting, the behaviour stuff is another story - but thankfully, mostly it's being used against bots (as bot behaviour is a lot easier to identify than a very specific human being - but thats just a matter of time.

Btw: I use Chromium for many data gathering processes , bypassing many mechanisms. Chromium and Chrome are two totally different stories. Chromium you can build yourself (or get an indepdent build) with the things that you fear not in place. But prepare for 35GB of data to build it and quite a long build process. And no, Firefox cannot guarantee your anonimity, no browser can fully assure that. A data set of just a few bits is enough to uniquely identify you, fingerprints are a very very accurate tool for that purpose - and the more you hide such tracking values, the more unique you'll become, as the 0815 user doesn't really care, Even worse: If you alter values and keep em static (principally a great idea), but this value combination is like 1 of 100 , it's enough depending on your behaviour to uniquely identify you across the whole internet. PS: Also Google , who is somehow in between the chairs - on one side the heavier laws - on the other side the advertisement clients with their demands for more analytics, insights etc. - but even those have anounced to work actively against mechanisms like Fingerprinting. Tracking, unless during a payment process or something for the purpose of protection (both, you as possible victim of identify credit card theft) and the business, should be treated like it once was: With us having the choice again, the choice to say yes or no.

I have to say, I use fingerprinting myself. But never trying to link it to a specific person, not even to an ip - for me it's analysis - what does my audience use as device, metrics etc. - to optimize things, to make statistical analysis and yes,fraud detection.

For the moment I can recommend the following methology (from personal usage success):
-Apply noising the hashed very clearly identifying values (Canvas Hash, WebGL Hash)
-Keep the noise persistent across a browser session (changing every request is absolutely more negatively affecting)
- Do not noise values like device names (Ive seen things like 'Google Shader' from WebGL being changed to 1 / 4 etc. (absolute crap, fails every sanity check, macking it so obvious)
- If possible, keep Social Media etc. logged out on the machine.
- Disable third party cookies, automatic cookie clearing on close.
- Disable background sync
- Disable DNS-prefetch
- If avail: Enable DNS-over-HTTPs on your browser (effectively stopping Windows Multihomed SmartDNS when using a proxy)
- Use commonly used DNS servers if not on a proxy. If you have secondary Adapters: Disable their DNS (Windows Multihomed Smart DNS does paralellel DNS requests to ALL DNSSERVERS being set on the system)
- Statistics are your friend: Don't try to hide too much, rather try to be as average as possible. Use a comon screen resolution, make sure your not having a language combo on the browser that is making you very much more unique (even en-US, de-DE at same time put your already in a group as small as only 10% of the users),
- Avoid using DNS servers of companies whose services you'll be using (Google, as analytics etc. is everywhere).
- Close the WebRTC loophole.
- Now and then switching the GPU driver (even if it's an older one) effectively changes your quite heavy WebGL fingerprints). Don't use the latest browser versions - the majority on the internet doesnt. You would be surprised how many still run on Chromes lie 76, 78, etc. - for 76 I can understand, as after that the W3C standard changes made it a little bit tougher to hide usage of Webdriver foe automation), but 78.. 79... doesnt really make sense to me (but I'm a techy dude).
- Just a feew tips from my side - always up for a discussion about the topic :)

Cheerio

What about I2P Browser Alpha for anonymity and security?

Well, if we use JonDonym, I2P or Tor opening of emails, youtube, social network as Facebook etc. will be impossible.

Hi There,

One of the most important qualities of a browser is to hide fingerprints.
In addition, to send no more than 8 bits of information.
Do not leave imprints that you use Tor

JonDo and I2P work best in this field
To make sure about the security level of your browser there are several perfect tests.
One way or other your browser must be perfectly configured.

If our friends from Perfect Privacy allow, I will show you things that many computer experts know but will never tell you.

Keep in mind that Perfect Privacy works great in anonymity and security, but I'm also sure we need to use a well-tuned browser.

For security reasons do not use latest version of Mozilla.

To be continued

Browser.png

Yes, it is.
I agree with your opinion at all. But let's make some tests and check Chrome, Chromium, Opera, Safari and Firefox before to continue.

The Windows OS is the other serious problem, but we gonna talk about it later.

Test your browsers and don't hesitate to make notes for the results. ⚖

Also, don't forget there is no better VPN for security and privacy then Perfect Privacy + well configured browser.

Regards,

Stovan

The test have to show green colors with only one exception - the user-agent.
It is very easy to change it.
type:
1. about:config
2. general.useragent.override
3 change NT 6.1 with 10.0 and rv.52.0 with rv.68.0 (both values)

JonDo.png
The picture above was made with old Tor Browser Bundle. When you change user-agent the value will be in red. Don't worry. JonDo didn't update it.

The Windows OS is the other serious problem, but we gonna talk about it later.

Not really for preparing against Cookies etc. but for avoiding eavesdropping from MS or get an Virus, yes u right.

And Dont use an olddated Browser, regardless if its an secure one or not.

best regards

Last edited:
Back