iOS issues in 2022?

Marc A. Pitman

I've been a happy Perfect Privacy customer for years. But lately, I'm finding I have to keep changing servers on my phone. (I use servers here in the USA. Primarily New York, Miami, and Dallas.)

I'm also noticing the MacOs app doesn't seem to have been updates since 2017. Seems odd.

Anyway. How are iPhone users finding the VPN configurations working in 2022?

I've been a happy Perfect Privacy customer for years. But lately, I'm finding I have to keep changing servers on my phone. (I use servers here in the USA. Primarily New York, Miami, and Dallas.)

I'm also noticing the MacOs app doesn't seem to have been updates since 2017. Seems odd.

Anyway. How are iPhone users finding the VPN configurations working in 2022?
Like you, I've been a happy Perfect Privacy for years. This year I've experienced connectivity issues with servers Chicago, Dallas, Miami and New York. twice, I have found Perfect Privacy certificates to have expired. You can find them in here: Settings > General > VPN & Device Management > [server] > More Details. The expiration date of any expired certificates will appear in red typeface. To correct the problem, remove the server using the Remove Profile button. Then, reinstall the server using the Perfect Privacy instructions for iOS. This year, I've had to do this for all servers(profile) in January and April. Most VPNs provide an app which in most cases updates certificates automatically. Unfortunately, Perfect Privacy does not do so for iOS - a major short coming. You must review the iOS profiles manually whenever having persistent connectivity problems and replace them manually. Your Mac app should be doing this automatically. I hope this helps.

I tried this for both NY and Chicago and it still doesn't work.

I've submitted a ticket for the MacOS app over a month ago because it doesn't work for me at all. I got a response saying something to the affect, "ya, it looks like we need to work on that." No updates either on the ticket or the app.

Back