Answered: I would like to use openVPN on my mobile phone. What must I do to make it work?

Pease

NOTE: This thread contains outdated information. Please refer to our Android documentations in the howto section of the member area.

I would like to use openVPN on my mobile phone. What must I do to make it work?
The OS is Android OS, v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).

I read in one thread that "you can set up PPTP in the system settings” if I "enter a name for this VPN connection, the domain name of the VPN server, your username and password and then connect”. See “Perfect Privacy for Androidhttps://board.perfect-privacy.com/fo...cy-for-android

But I want to use Open VPN.

1. Which apps must I install on the phone? Are there any apps I can download here on Perfect Privacy?
2. What settings must I have to make it work?

Can someone explain exactly what and how I must do to fix this?

3. What Requirements must the phone have example for the processor and RAM memory?
4. What firewall and virus protection can you recommend for the phone?
5. Can I use OpenVPN from PerfectPrivacy at the same way on the phone as on the computer?
6. Can I do as I read in this thread “VPN Configuartion JB 4.3”? see https://board.perfect-privacy.com/fo...uartion-jb-4-3 Perhaps I can download the config files from PP members Area myself and use exactly the same config files I use on my computer?
7. Is it IPv4 or IPv6 mobile phones use when surfing the Internet? If it’s using IPv6 then it’s not so secure with OpenVPn. Or am I totally wrong?
8. Can I Use OpenVPN with the same user and password on the computer and the mobile at the same time ?
9. I read this “openvpn on android uses really a lot of power. The openvpn server sends every x seconds a keepalive paket, so there is constantly network traffic which needs power.” How much power does it take to use OpenVPN on android? And how much traffic per x seconds is it?
10. This question does not have with this thread to do but perhaps someone can answer it anyway. On the old PP: s server list one could for example read which server was down for mail and other info. But I cannot find it on the new member’s area. Can members read that kind of info somewhere else on member’s area? If yes. Where?

Thanks for all help.

Thanks maze. No its working fine.
Some more questions:

A. In OpenVPN Settings the "Use system Proxy" is tappet. Is it how it should be?
B. In profile server settings "IP and DNS"/ "Pull settings" is on. Is it how it should be?
C. In profile server settings "IP and DNS"/ "No local binding" is tappet. Is it how it should be?
D. In profile server settings "Routing"/ IPv4/"Use default Route" is tappet. Is it how it should be?
E. In profile server settings "Routing"/ IPv6/"Use default Route" is tappet. (I tappet it) Is this ok?
F. In profile server settings "Authentication/Encryption"/ "Use TLS Authentication" is on. Is it how it should be?
G. In profile server settings "Advanced"/ "Allow floating server"/ is tappet. Is it how it should be?
H. In profile server settings "Advanced"/ "Persistent tun"/ is tappet. (I tappet it) Is this ok?
I. In profile server settings "Advanced"/ "Enable Custom Options"/ is tappet. Is it how it should be?
J. I have put in auth-nocache but it does not seems to work. Any ideas how to make it work?
K. If i use openVPN on my computer then it does not work on the mobile if i try to start openVPN. This is how it should be, am i right? If i´m right,. How long must i wait after i disconnected OpenVPN on my computer before i can logg in with my mobile?,
L. Do you have any more tips for making some more settings to make the mobile even more safe?

Thanks all of you for all healp in this thread and a happy christmas and a happy new year.

Back