Google Filter is great, but I need a little feature to access Youtube

Alfonso

Hello.

I have Google Filter activated. I love it.
But for me it has a big downside that is that you even can browse Youtube, not even in an "anonymous" way.

Google traces everywhere you go. In this time, 75%+ of your movements (even 100%) are tracked by Google, so I find Google Filter awesome and 100% neccessary.

But sometimes I would like to watch that trend video of youtube, or search that channel someone recommend to take a peek. Google, obviously, makes a profile of you based on the hardware on your machine and software characteristics like browser, fonts you have installed, etc, so a solution would be a Virtual Machine only to browse Youtube - if the Google Filter wasn't filtering that much-.

Would it be possible to create some "relaxed" configuration to allow only youtube domains -but knowing that they will put tracking stuff on those domains too!-.

Or better, some type of web server on your servers to proxy the access to youtube, so everyone could access through the same point (and hence anonymity) like an annonymous user? (and your server without cookies, etc)

This last option would be great :)

Thanks!

You might try hooktube. It pulls all videos directly from YouTube APIs. Just replace the "YOU" with "HOOK" in the URL and you can watch it without YouTube.

You might try hooktube. It pulls all videos directly from YouTube APIs. Just replace the "YOU" with "HOOK" in the URL and you can watch it without YouTube.

Thanks for the suggestion but it does not work because to download/view it get's the video from redirector.googlevideo.com, and it is filtered as any Google content.

Some kind of proxy would be needed, where it redirects the traffic to the client just like the VPN servers.

Back