Answered: Does the Heartbleed Bug effect us Perfect Privacy users?

Solution
Hi,

the link in the post above should answer the questions you most likely had in mind. Expect the OpenSSL keys on the gigabit servers to be updated within the next couple of hours, which requires an update of the client configuration as well. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Hi,

the link in the post above should answer the questions you most likely had in mind. Expect the OpenSSL keys on the gigabit servers to be updated within the next couple of hours, which requires an update of the client configuration as well. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Solution
Since the update to the keys, I have been completely unable to use the PP OpenVPN Manager. I am aware that the config will need updating at my end before I can connect to any 1GBps server, but any attempt to update the configuration results in an error saying "Could not connect to Perfect Privacy. Please test your internet connection and firewall". I (obviously) cannot connect to any 1GBps server. If I try another server with the current config, it reaches "Connected, waiting for confirmation" and does nothing more.

I have redownloaded and reinstalled (even though the latest version to download is dated before this change). No joy.

How do I fix this? Is there a config file I can download manually somewhere (like the ovpn files?)

Hi,

Pingouin: sorry for not having answered your question in the other thread yet, I might have to try this myself to come up with a satisfying answer to this one.

Anhunedd: Sorry, this is our fault :( The reason is a bug in the version of the OpenVPN Manager you are currently using, which comes with the certificate included. Since we exchanged the certificate (and keys) on our servers due to the Heartbleed bug it does not match any more. Sadly we did not think of this beforehand, and now the affected version of the client is unable to communicate with our servers to get bandwidth usage and the external IP address, while the VPN connections still work. Downloading and installing the latest version will fix this issue though.

Back