Answered: Can't forward ports on any server

dano81

Hello

I got a problem regarding vpn and port forwarding

When i'm connected throught VPN, perfect privacy software tells me ports i forwarded are opened (custom or random ports), but when i check them via any online port checker (canyouseeme.org for ex.) it says they are always closed, although some common port is opened, (port 21 for example). I tried almost 4-5 servers, and a large amount of ports, that results opened also in user configuration in the webpage.
I have a isp with a static ip, and a regular belkin router. I connect to the vpn on a laptop with win10. The connection through VPN works great with every server, but i can't open ports

I use perfect privacy VPN also because the possibility to port forwarding, so this is a real annoying problem

Thanks

Solution
Yes, that is normal: You will not be able to access the ports from your own IP address. This is blocked to prevent IP leaks. It will work if you connect from another IP.
Yes, that is normal: You will not be able to access the ports from your own IP address. This is blocked to prevent IP leaks. It will work if you connect from another IP.

Solution
Maybe i talked with you via email. I understand what you say, but could you explain me then, how can i use pp vpn if i'm behind a static ip? If i connect to a pp international server, i should bypass my current isp and router, so port checkers should check my ACTUAL IP they are seeing. So i need to: open pp manager, connect to vpn server... restart router to change ip address :D ? But if i restart my router to change ip address i will loose vpn connection too... I find it a bit complex and weird

Sorry maybe it's me and my lack of experience, but i can't get it

Thank you again

You don't need to restart your router - it is not handling the Perfect Privacy connection. This is established between the vpn client running on your desktop/notebook and the VPN server you are connecting to. Your router is passing on this traffic "blind" (it does not know what traffic is being sent because it's encrypted).

Back