Answered: Can't connect without PP

PPF-user

For the last few months, when I want to turn off PP, the system will not connect anymore untill I turn PP back on. Restart does not help. Is there a quick check I should do to see why? Running Win7

will not connect anymore untill I turn PP back on
I think you have switched to 'Permanent' in the firewall section. This setting prevents the computer from accessing the Internet without a VPN. If you set it to 'Tunnel', you can also access the Internet without a VPN connection. If set to 'Program', the client must be closed in order to access the Internet.

I have Tunnel checked, but not Program or Permanent. Also checked is GUI and IPv6. I have not changed any settings during the time this has been occurring.

Also I see that when quitting PP, it displays "VPN not connected" and then closes but does not say "Resetting connections to default" like it used to. A process VPNManagerService.exe*32 and a service VPNManager continues to run, and if you stop the process it goes away (and the service stops), but still cannot connect.

When I re-start PP, and it says "OpenVPN service must be updated, you will be asked for Administrator access" (although I use IPSEC). So I click Ok and it re-installs, and now it connects.

The version is 1.10.42.0 config 1705553192.

May I should try Reset Networking.

Back