Blackberry Passport certificate

Discussion in 'Services - Questions & Answers (Q&A)' started by bar4me, Sep 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bar4me

bar4me New Member

2. Pendragon

Pendragon New Member

it looks like those were certificate files for ipsec .. I think they've updated their certs since then, since it looks like that file was posted 2 years ago or so ... Maybe someone at PP would be kind enough to post an updated one again?.. I could probably make use of that and try to gete WindowsPhone connection as well....

3. PP Stephan

PP Stephan Staff Member

4. b2201

b2201 New Member

Hello,
    I am a new member and would like to set up my BB Z10 to connect to your VPN.
    I tried to use the above link you provided to download the certificates:
    https://www.perfect-privacy.com/member/download/?file=ipsec_ca.zip

The link you provided above --has two files
    1. perfect-privacy_ipsec_ca.crt
    2. perfect-privacy_ipsec_ca.mobileconfig

However, BB does not recognize the files as certificates --when I try to import them via
    System Settings > Security and Privacy > Certificates > Import > (then going to the folder with the above two files)

I think the certificates should have file-type .p12 For example, perfect-privacy_cert.p12. I tried to change the file type to p12 to test it. BB os now sees the file as a cert, but of course it failed to decode the certificate as it is not the correct format.

Please help.
    Thank you very much!!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  5. b2201

b2201 New Member

This is a continuation of my prior entry:

I managed to somehow convert the perfect-privacy_ipsec_ca.crt to a .der file for BB os to accept.
    This link shows how to do it:
    http://support.blackberry.com/kb/articleDetail?articleNumber=000036404

Now I can import the CA certificate to BB. However, when I make all the changes to set up a VPN to connect to PP VPN. It gives me a "Connection Error Invalid certificate" error.

Would someone from PP kindly provide a valid certificate for BB use to connect to your VPN? Please provide the certifciate in .DER format.

Thanks a lot!