# Maintainer: 8vn5acnmf5
pkgname=perfect-privacy-vpn
pkgver=1.3.14
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc='perfect privacy client'
arch=('x86_64')
license=('custom')
url='https://www.perfect-privacy.com'
depends=('openvpn' 'python2-requests' 'python2-blinker' 'python2-gobject' 'polkit' 'gtk3' 'pango' 'glib2' 'gdk-pixbuf2' 'libappindicator-gtk3' 'python2')
optdepends=('resolvconf')

source=('https://www.perfect-privacy.com/downloads/perfect-privacy-vpn.deb')
sha256sums=('bded6f5aef6102d5a6592a47656b7c74d5c708cf71f56be998084dc14a068b63')

package() {
    tar -xf data.tar.xz -C "${pkgdir}"

# not needed
    rm -rf "${pkgdir}/etc"

# fix polkit policy
    sed -i '15s/no/auth_admin/' ${pkgdir}/usr/share/polkit-1/actions/com.perfect-privacy.perfect-privacy-vpn.policy
    sed -i '16s/no/auth_admin/' ${pkgdir}/usr/share/polkit-1/actions/com.perfect-privacy.perfect-privacy-vpn.policy

# use python2
    sed -i ' 1 s/.*/&2/' ${pkgdir}/opt/perfect_privacy/perfect-privacy-vpn/bin/perfect-privacy-vpn
}

Perfect, thank you for that ?! After a 'makepkg -si' the client seems to have been installed alright.

Nevertheless - unfortunately it won't launch, at least not for me using XFCE :confused:.

Perfect, thank you for that ?! After a 'makepkg -si' the client seems to have been installed alright.

Nevertheless - unfortunately it won't launch, at least not for me using XFCE :confused:.
What's the output when running "sudo perfect-privacy-vpn" from the terminal?

First it was missing 'blinker', although 'python2-blinker' is installed. I additionally installed 'python-blinker', so now the output is:
File "/opt/perfect_privacy/perfect-privacy-vpn/bin/perfect-privacy-vpn", line 44, in <module>
import perfect_privacy_vpn
File "/opt/perfect_privacy/perfect-privacy-vpn/perfect_privacy_vpn/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
from perfect_privacy_vpn import PerfectPrivacyVpnWindow
File "/opt/perfect_privacy/perfect-privacy-vpn/perfect_privacy_vpn/PerfectPrivacyVpnWindow.py", line 21, in <module>
from perfect_privacy_vpn_lib.helpers import get_media_file
File "/opt/perfect_privacy/perfect-privacy-vpn/perfect_privacy_vpn_lib/__init__.py", line 25, in <module>
from . core import Core
File "/opt/perfect_privacy/perfect-privacy-vpn/perfect_privacy_vpn_lib/core.py", line 21, in <module>
from perfect_privacy_api import UserApiAsync
File "/opt/perfect_privacy/perfect-privacy-vpn/perfect_privacy_api/__init__.py", line 23, in <module>
from . userapi.userapi_async import UserApiAsync
File "/opt/perfect_privacy/perfect-privacy-vpn/perfect_privacy_api/userapi/userapi_async.py", line 20, in <module>
from userapi import UserApi
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'userapi'

Don't know what to do with that now.

First it was missing 'blinker', although 'python2-blinker' is installed. I additionally installed 'python-blinker', so now the output is:

Don't know what to do with that now.
Seems like the VPN manager is executed via python3 not python2, the shebang is supposed to be #!/usr/bin/python2 in
/opt/perfect_privacy/perfect-privacy-vpn/bin/perfect-privacy-vpn
Should normally be done by the PKGBUILD.

Changing the shebang did the trick ?!
Apart from missing status icons and that it won't minimize to tray, everything else seems to be working fine ?

I am using Manjaro 20.1 64-bit "Mikah" GNU/Linux on my late 2019 Computer Upgrade King Hewlett Packard Omen 15t gaming notebook PC. It says that python2-blinker is missing. This is my terminal output:

Code:
~/.../VPN/Perfect-Privacy >>> cd ..                                         [1]
~/Downloads/VPN >>> ls                                                         
Perfect-Privacy  PKGBUILD
~/Downloads/VPN >>> makepkg -si                                               
/home/wellywu/Downloads/VPN/PKGBUILD: line 1: Bash:: command not found
==> Making package: perfect-privacy-vpn 1.3.14-1 (Wed 16 Sep 2020 08:34:09 PM EDT)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Installing missing dependencies...
error: target not found: python2-blinker
==> ERROR: 'pacman' failed to install missing dependencies.
==> Missing dependencies:
  -> python2-blinker
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> ERROR: Could not resolve all dependencies.
~/Downloads/VPN >>>

How do I fix this so it will build the package and install it? Thanks.

I am using Manjaro 20.1 64-bit "Mikah" GNU/Linux on my late 2019 Computer Upgrade King Hewlett Packard Omen 15t gaming notebook PC. It says that python2-blinker is missing. This is my terminal output:

Code:
~/.../VPN/Perfect-Privacy >>> cd ..                                         [1]
~/Downloads/VPN >>> ls                                                        
Perfect-Privacy  PKGBUILD
~/Downloads/VPN >>> makepkg -si                                              
/home/wellywu/Downloads/VPN/PKGBUILD: line 1: Bash:: command not found
==> Making package: perfect-privacy-vpn 1.3.14-1 (Wed 16 Sep 2020 08:34:09 PM EDT)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Installing missing dependencies...
error: target not found: python2-blinker
==> ERROR: 'pacman' failed to install missing dependencies.
==> Missing dependencies:
  -> python2-blinker
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> ERROR: Could not resolve all dependencies.
~/Downloads/VPN >>>

How do I fix this so it will build the package and install it? Thanks.

Perfect Privacy updated the VPN manager to python3. I've updated the PKGBUILD:
Code:
pkgver=1.3.27
pkgrel=1
arch=('x86_64')
license=('custom')
depends=('openvpn' 'python-requests' 'python-blinker' 'python-gobject' 'polkit' 'gtk3' 'pango' 'glib2' 'gdk-pixbuf2' 'libappindicator-gtk3')
optdepends=('resolvconf')

sha256sums=('9eccf94ad15d4d1c82fa6c1156ca0343e6c29db97f964fd1dbc7865ef687c6b8')

package() {

# not needed
    rm -rf "${pkgdir}/etc"

# fix polkit policy
    sed -i '15s/no/auth_admin/' ${pkgdir}/usr/share/polkit-1/actions/com.perfect-privacy.perfect-privacy-vpn.policy
    sed -i '16s/no/auth_admin/' ${pkgdir}/usr/share/polkit-1/actions/com.perfect-privacy.perfect-privacy-vpn.policy
}

Thanks. I installed the Perfect-Privacy VPN Manager on Manjaro 20.1 64-bit "Mikah" GNU/Linux successfully, but it keeps saying that connecting failed whenever I try to connect to one of their VPN gateway servers. Can someone help me to get connected via their VPN Manager?

I found this information from this ProtonVPN installation guide for Arch to be helpful so that I could install the resolvconf software package to get the Perfect-Privacy VPN Manager to connect to a VPN gateway server: https://rawsec.ml/en/archlinux-How-to-use-ProtonVPN/
What did you exactly do to get it to work? I installed openvpn-update-systemd-resolved from the AUR, but that did not have any effect. I would really appreciate your answer

I too installed openvpn-update-systemd-resolved from the AUR and for me it allowed me to connect to different VPN gateway servers worldwide. I also installed openvpn-update-resolv-conf just in case. I had problems connecting to Perfect-Privacy VPN gateway servers without these necessary software packages installed.

Updated

Code:
pkgver=1.3.17
pkgrel=1
arch=('x86_64')
license=('custom')
depends=('openvpn' 'python-requests' 'python-blinker' 'python-gobject' 'polkit' 'gtk3' 'pango' 'glib2' 'gdk-pixbuf2' 'libappindicator-gtk3' 'resolvconf')
optdepends=('openvpn-update-systemd-resolved')

sha256sums=('9eccf94ad15d4d1c82fa6c1156ca0343e6c29db97f964fd1dbc7865ef687c6b8')

package() {

# not needed
    rm -rf "${pkgdir}/etc"

# fix polkit policy
}

Hello, it worked for me. I am on Manjaro and had to install some tools first via "sudo pacman -S base-devel". Then I have installed the packages from AUR "openvpn-update-resolv-conf-git" and "openvpn-update-systemd-resolved". Afterwards the VPN connection worked.

Thanks for the PKGBUILD 8vn5acnmf5!

But I am wondering why this is not on the arch AUR repo? I think more users would benefit if the script would be online. Would you mind to upload it there please?

I have set up a new arch system (Reborn) and again have the issue that the program won't launch. After running the PKGBUILD perfect-privacy shows up fine in the main menu, but it won't launch. I changed the shebang but that doesn't have any effect. I tried running it from the terminal ($ /bin/perfect-privacy-vpn) and get the following output:

(perfect-privacy-vpn:18153): Gtk-WARNING **: 18:40:18.995: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:2718:25: 'gtkopacity' is not a valid color name

(perfect-privacy-vpn:18153): Gtk-WARNING **: 18:40:18.995: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:2728:15: Junk at end of value for padding

(perfect-privacy-vpn:18153): Gtk-WARNING **: 18:40:18.995: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:2787:13: Junk at end of value for padding
Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.9/threading.py", line 954, in _bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/usr/lib/python3.9/threading.py", line 892, in run
self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
File "/opt/perfect_privacy/perfect-privacy-vpn/perfect_privacy_vpn/__init__.py", line 167, in run
window = PerfectPrivacyVpnWindow.PerfectPrivacyVpnWindow()
File "/opt/perfect_privacy/perfect-privacy-vpn/perfect_privacy_vpn_lib/Window.py", line 46, in __new__
builder = get_builder('PerfectPrivacyVpnWindow')
File "/opt/perfect_privacy/perfect-privacy-vpn/perfect_privacy_vpn_lib/helpers.py", line 41, in get_builder
builder.add_from_file(ui_filename)
File "/opt/perfect_privacy/perfect-privacy-vpn/perfect_privacy_vpn_lib/Builder.py", line 88, in add_from_file
ele_widgets = tree.getiterator("object")
AttributeError: 'ElementTree' object has no attribute 'getiterator'
^C
(perfect-privacy-vpn:18153): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 18:41:40.005: gtk_main_quit: assertion 'main_loops != NULL' failed

Glad if anybody has an idea. It worked well on my prior arch system.

I have set up a new arch system (Reborn) and again have the issue that the program won't launch. After running the PKGBUILD perfect-privacy shows up fine in the main menu, but it won't launch. I changed the shebang but that doesn't have any effect. I tried running it from the terminal ($ /bin/perfect-privacy-vpn) and get the following output:

Glad if anybody has an idea. It worked well on my prior arch system.
I guess the code of the VPN manager is not compatible with Python 3.9. I might look into it later

I installed Garuda 64-bit GNU/Linux which is also based on Arch 64-bit GNU/Linux and I copied the latest PKGBUILD code and ran makepkg -si. It seemed to have installed successfully, but VPN Manager does not open. Any updates?

Trying to run this binary from the terminal, I've received the following errors:

This is likely the reason that the app does not startup. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-09-13 07-25-38.png
    Screenshot from 2021-09-13 07-25-38.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 11
Back