Your experiences with Perfect Privacy

Discussion in 'Anonymity, privacy and security' started by PP Stephan, Nov 5, 2014.

1. p

ppquestions New Member

I've been happy with the service thus far. The Mac beta app is coming along. While the app lacks the visual refinement of most Mac apps, it works and that's all I really care about.

My only major suggestion...Please add servers in San Francisco!

2. BruceWayne

BruceWayne Member

I think PP is the best in many aspects. But there should be more tutorials for Not-an-expert users. Along with Blog should be having information about Protocols and VPN technologies. In terms of Service, more server locations needed to beat other VPNs in market. All platforms Apps should have killswitch and firewall functions if possible. There are newer encryption methods emerging based on quantum computing , may be employed.

3. BruceWayne

BruceWayne Member

Price reduction is required. offer some sale or discount. VPN over TOR should be added. Mullvad is offering some good offerings which can be added to PP also. Live chat support should be added. Customer base can be increased by offering free trial.

4. b

bigplayer Member

@BruceWayne I think you're with the wrong VPN provider. Why you just don't go to Mullvad if they are so much better?

5. c

carlia New Member

1.tonight I clicked on an advertisement on a news site page and my country of origin was shown in the merchants reply re post charges.
    2.Google knew my private number when I was attempting to gain access to another gmail account.
    3.whenever I try to change server , code name and password are frequently not authorised even when copied from email from PP.
    4.definitely unhappy with PP -advising all my friends to avoid it as if it had the plague.

6. bohumil

bohumil Member

@carlia:
    Which browser are you using?

bigplayer likes this.
  7. J

Jakarta New Member

If your browser have localization enabled, then using a VPN is useless.
    PP is fine and work as intended for everyone, they can't protect you from your own mistakes.

bigplayer and bohumil like this.
  8. bohumil

bohumil Member

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-geolocation-browsers

Google Chrome
    1. Select the Chrome Menu Button (⋮ or ≡)
    2. Select Settings
    3. Scroll down and select Advanced
    4. Under Privacy and Security, select Content settings…
    5. Navigate to the Location section
    6. Click the slider for Ask before accessing (Recommended)
    Mozilla Firefox
    1. In the URL bar, enter about:config
    2. You will see a „This might void your warranty“ warning. Click I accept the risk!
    3. In the search bar, enter geo.enabled
    4. Double click on the geo.enabled preference so that the value becomes false
    Microsoft Internet Explorer
    1. Select the Gear Icon
    2. Select Internet Options
    3. Select the Privacy tab
    4. Under „Location“, check the box for Never allow websites to request your physical location
    5. Next to the box for „Never allow websites to request your physical location“, select Clear Sites to remove old sites which have access to your physical location
    Microsoft Edge
    1. On your Windows 10 Desktop, hit Win + A to open Action Center
    2. Select All Settings > Privacy > Location
    3. Click the Location Service slider to turn it off
    4. Scroll down to Location History
    5. Under Clear history on this device, click Clear
    Apple Safari
    1. Select Safari in the top left corner of the browser
    2. Select Preferences…
    3. In the Privacy tab, under Website Tracking, make sure Prevent cross-site tracking and Ask websites not to track me are checked
    Opera
    1. In the URL bar, enter about:config
    2. On the left-side menu bar, select Websites
    3. Scroll down to Location and selectDo not allow any site to track my physical location

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  9. BruceWayne

BruceWayne Member

I wasn't saying that Mullvad is better. Btw it's (page) for suggestions and not for bringing other down. Learn some manners.

10. m

moejoe Member

bohumil likes this.
  11. bohumil

bohumil Member

@moejoe
    carlia is pissed and gives no answer, so "vergebene Liebesmüh".
    Dont' werf your perls on the Säue...:p

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  12. m

moejoe Member

The problem is, that every vpn provider doesnt admit the fact that u have to do deep dive in with privacy a little bit ifuf want to go below the radar level of anonymity/privacy.

Of couse they offer some howtos after u regstistered. But the normal user just as carlia doesnt want to study things like that.
    But this is the Business

Regards

13. bohumil

bohumil Member

@moejoe
    Rechtschreibung or something like that? Is that possible?