VPN speed on Asus AC88U Router

Nairda

First of all, yes I know the router will never match the VPN speed of my iMac. However, as well as being a recent convert to Perfect-Privacy I still have an account with BlackVPN and regardless of which city I run a speed test from the BlackVPN connection is always between 30% and 50% faster than anything I get over a PP connection.

Typically PP gives a maximum speed of perhaps 21 Mbs, often less than 20 Mbs while BlackVPN easily reaches up to 36 Mbs. I have tried tweaking PP setting but to no avail so it is clearly an issue with either the PP settings or the way the router and VPN server communicate. These results are completely reproducible regardless of the connection. All connections are UDP and I should mention that BlackVPN is using 256 bits while PP is only 128 bits.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited:
I never tried BlackVPN as it is located in HKG (China) that I do lot trust.

The speed I get with PP is around 200Mbps on a 400MBps Wi-Fi ac connection on a 1Gb fiber optic connection.

I don't think router effect the speed after VPN is used. Ofcourse if you have a high speed Router and a internet service provider you won't face any problem be through Wifi or through Ethernet.

I think i need to try BlackVPN atleast once to check the speed on my PC as i stille think ISP will re route this to nearby servers and hence i will get better speed through my router.

Last edited:
Back