Answered: Stealth VPN

john42597

Just followed the setup instructions for Stealth VPN on a mac.

Used the example of Basel - and the suggested ports and ip addresses - wanted to test it before I went crazy -

It appears to function properly, and the checks return data as expected.

However --- I still cannot get into LinkedIn using the stealth vpn

Is this a config error on my part?

All help is appreciated!

Solution
Please check your trackstop settings: Do you block social media sites? Please try to deactivate Trackstop (and wait about 5 minutes to let the changes take effect).
Firefox can’t find the server at www.linkedin.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

LinkedIn will not work with any VPN config running via Tunnelblick --

I thought that it would work using the Stealth VPN

The above error message happens with any Tunnelblick config - I have to exit VPN to get into it.

Please check your trackstop settings: Do you block social media sites? Please try to deactivate Trackstop (and wait about 5 minutes to let the changes take effect).

Solution
StealthVPN is a proprietary protocol developed by Astrill. It is inspired by OpenVPN and performs an additional obfuscation of traffic which makes it undetectable for automated firewall systems. StealthVPN is very stable and it can work with both UDP and TCP modes.

Back