Answered: Server Locations?

anony123

Hello,

While I like the changes that have been going on at PP, I'm a little disappointed to see several server locations have disappeared rather quietly. Most notably: Panama, Czech Republic, Malaysia and Shanghai. Also it appears that the second Stockholm server is no longer hosted with PRQ.
Vietnam was nice while it lasted....

Tokyo is a nice addition!

There used to be (with the old PP) updates about server closures/openings but now it seems things are changing without explanation.

What gives??

Solution
Hi,

the servers mentioned are gone for different reasons. Czech Republic is gone due to abuse, nothing we could have done about it. Malaysia didn't really perform, and thus was removed. And as for Panama and Shanghai, our hosters there simply didn't reply to any support requests, so the contracts were canceled.

I agree,Tokyo is a nice addition. We will be adding some new servers/locations pretty soon, they have been ordered already. We will definitively post updates about newly added servers. The missing updates here are kind of my bad. I will post future updates here in the english forums also.
Hi,

the servers mentioned are gone for different reasons. Czech Republic is gone due to abuse, nothing we could have done about it. Malaysia didn't really perform, and thus was removed. And as for Panama and Shanghai, our hosters there simply didn't reply to any support requests, so the contracts were canceled.

I agree,Tokyo is a nice addition. We will be adding some new servers/locations pretty soon, they have been ordered already. We will definitively post updates about newly added servers. The missing updates here are kind of my bad. I will post future updates here in the english forums also.

Solution
Back