Guide: OpenVPN with Tunnelblick on macOS

PP Stephan

Staff member
This thread refers to the tutorial OpenVPN with Tunnelblick on MacOS X. Please only post in this thread if you have questions, comments or feedback regarding this guide. To keep this thread updated and free from obsolete and redundant information, this thread will be cleaned up occasionally.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do I make my login credentials (perfect privacy user name and password) automatically fill out when I connect to a new location? When I connect to a new location in Tunnelblick, I get asked for them.

You should have a checkbox when entering the credentials for the first time - this has to be checked once for every location you connect to.

Thank you, I have another question regarding Tunnelblick with obfsproxy. I am at the last step of installation; running
sudo obfsproxy obfs3 socks 127.0.0.1:LOCAL_PORT. I get a syntax error with port 990.

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

X-MacBook:~ X$ sudo obfsproxy obfs3 socks 127.0.0.1:990

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/bin/obfsproxy", line 7, in <module>

from obfsproxy.pyobfsproxy import run

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/obfsproxy/pyobfsproxy.py", line 183

except ValueError, err:

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

X-MacBook:~ X$

How can I fix this?

What MacOS version are you running?

Possibly this is an issue with Python 3.x - our Mac developer will try to reproduce this problem

We found the problem. Obfsproxy currently does not work with Python3 (only Python2).

Try the following:

pip3 uninstall obfsproxy
brew install python2
pip2 install obfsproxy

Last edited:
Back