Answered: Port forwarding only port numbers?

Anne83

Hello everyone, first of all i have to thank you for your awesome VPN service, infact i do not notice any speed slow downs or such, and the connection to the servers is smooth and clean(the only drawback tho is not all the windows features on Linux aswell, and having to use the terminal combined with the OpenVPN folder to get the job done, i call this drawback because i think that having all under your eyes in a couple tabs is way better, but let's cross the fingers and wish for a future one :p).
Anyway, i have a problem and wanted to know if you could help me solving it: port forwarding.
Usually, using a router, i should just open up few ports and bind my local IP to them, and then i can use my REAL external IP as link/URL to redirect people to my hosted content.
It's maybe the struggling hot, the fact that i have to keep an eye after my kids, but i still didn't manage how to efficently port forwarding through this VPN service;I've noticed that there are 2 options, and tried both of them out, i know a bit about ports and such, but what i really can't find out is, after ive set the source and destination port, how to i get to the shared/hosted content?ofc typing only the port won't work, neither will typing my local IP or the server IP(they are shared, so no wonder there);i even tried typing the local IP followed by the : port and the server IP followed by the : port, but still nothing.
Any help on how to get the info needed to type in the URL/connect to the hosted content please?i love your VPN services but port forwarding is one of the tool i need the most, thanks in advance, Anne

Note:do not send me emails as answers because, except for work, i always use disposable emails

Solution
Hello,

This should work as follows for you: Go to the member are, configuration and activate "Individual Port Forwarding". Now choose any server location you want to use, for example Amsterdam. As local port choose the port on which your application listens on normally, for instance port 22 for a standard ssh forward. Once you added the port forwarding, a random Source Port will be displayed. This is the port you need to connect to on Amsterdam.perfect-privacy.com -- it will be forwarded to port 22 of your local machine.
Hello,

This should work as follows for you: Go to the member are, configuration and activate "Individual Port Forwarding". Now choose any server location you want to use, for example Amsterdam. As local port choose the port on which your application listens on normally, for instance port 22 for a standard ssh forward. Once you added the port forwarding, a random Source Port will be displayed. This is the port you need to connect to on Amsterdam.perfect-privacy.com -- it will be forwarded to port 22 of your local machine.

Solution
Back