Answered: Paysafe cards - new payment wall

pingouin

Hello.
I'm a long time user of your services.

I wanted to renew my subscription, as usual, with paysafe card and i've seen some changes.
I do not remember that been connected through perfect-privacy VPN was a problem to enter/valid the paysafe card numbers, that is a news with payment wall.

So what is the point to use anonymous payment cards if i have to reveal my real IP to some third party/company that manage money....

Your previous form to enter the numbers of paysafecard was better/simplier.

I know you do not care and won't going back. Just FYI.

But you can take time to answer if you want to.

All the best.

Solution
Hello.

Certainly. Frank posted an extensive explanation in the German forum (https://board.perfect-privacy.com/threads/paysafecard-fällt-weg.1255/), we didn't translate it as not many users outside of Germany are using PSC.

The short answer is: PaySafeCard doesn't accept VPN providers as customers and informed PaymentWall to not process payments for us anymore. Exchanging PSC for money was always problematic and the fees already very high (over 20%). By now it is becoming impossible, with exchange rates up to 50%. We don't want to raise the prices for PSC payments even higher (as they were already higher than with the other payment methods) and thus we now decided to discontinue this payment method.
Hi,

you are right, there are some changes. This includes some new payment options as well as the modified PaySafeCard option which also gets processed automatically now. If you encounter any difficulties while paying you can always contact our support team for assistance, as mentioned on the sign-up page. This "no TOR/VPN" thing while paying is how the payment providers/processors usually want it, this is not some restriction we came up with to bully anyone. But if you are really worried about them knowing the IP your payment was made from, I guess there is little preventing you paying from someplace with public/customer wifi.

Hello.
Thank you for your answer.
Not very helpful but at least i have an official answer of what i though.
You've changed Perfect-Privacy - not sure in a good way - since my first account on you services in 2009.
I'm not sure where you are going.
Time will tell.

All the best.

Hello.
Some new news !
Paysafe card is no more supported by the new Payment wall system.
Not a big deal as you still propose some pre-paid anonymous cards (like neosurf etc..)
Would you be kind enough to explain why you remove the paysafe card option ? Are the fee to high compare to neosurf (the price for the Perfect-Privacy services is the same for neosurf, but was higher with paysafecard)
All the best.

Hello.

Certainly. Frank posted an extensive explanation in the German forum (https://board.perfect-privacy.com/threads/paysafecard-fällt-weg.1255/), we didn't translate it as not many users outside of Germany are using PSC.

The short answer is: PaySafeCard doesn't accept VPN providers as customers and informed PaymentWall to not process payments for us anymore. Exchanging PSC for money was always problematic and the fees already very high (over 20%). By now it is becoming impossible, with exchange rates up to 50%. We don't want to raise the prices for PSC payments even higher (as they were already higher than with the other payment methods) and thus we now decided to discontinue this payment method.

Solution
Hello.
Thank you for your answers and explanations.
Sorry i could not have seen this, as i do not read German, i do not read the German forum.
Not a good news for anonymous payments and VPN :(
Kind regards.

Back