Answered: OpenWRT + OpenVPN with PP IPv6

0x1378247

Hello Everybody,

I am actually having problems with the IPv6 Protocol.

I have an working OpenWRT router with only IPv4 and the VPN Tunnel now I am interested in activate the IPv6 support. The tun0 interface gets an IPv6 Addressblock from PP, the client gets an IPv6 Adress from the DHCPv6 Server and when I do ping -6 the DNS gets resolved to an IPv6 Adress but the ping is not sent. I have added traffic rules for allowing all ipv6 output traffic from LAN to VPN but nothing helped.

Does someone have an working OpenWRT with IPv4 / IPv6 over PP VPN Tunnel? I only get IPv4 to work :/

Additionally my ISP has no IPv6 Support!!!

Solution
The tun0 interface gets an IPv6 Addressblock from PP, the client gets an IPv6 Adress from the DHCPv6 Server and when I do ping -6 the DNS gets resolved to an IPv6 Adress but the ping is not sent. I have added traffic rules for allowing all ipv6 output traffic from LAN to VPN but nothing helped.

Your tun0 device receives a single address, not an address block. You need to NAT your LAN address range to this address, same as for IPv4. Something likes this should work:

ip6tables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -o tun0 -j MASQUERADE
The tun0 interface gets an IPv6 Addressblock from PP, the client gets an IPv6 Adress from the DHCPv6 Server and when I do ping -6 the DNS gets resolved to an IPv6 Adress but the ping is not sent. I have added traffic rules for allowing all ipv6 output traffic from LAN to VPN but nothing helped.

Your tun0 device receives a single address, not an address block. You need to NAT your LAN address range to this address, same as for IPv4. Something likes this should work:

ip6tables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -o tun0 -j MASQUERADE

Solution
Back