How-To: OpenVPN with Tunnelblick on MacOS X

Discussion in 'Mac OS X' started by PP Stephan, Aug 8, 2016.

1. PP Stephan

PP Stephan Staff Member

This thread refers to the Howto OpenVPN with Tunnelblick on MacOS X. Please only post in this thread if you have questions, comments or feedback regarding this howto. To keep this thread updated and free from obsolete and redundant information, this thread will be cleaned up occasionaly.

2. p

priv4teme New Member

How do I make my login credentials (perfect privacy user name and password) automatically fill out when I connect to a new location? When I connect to a new location in Tunnelblick, I get asked for them.

3. PP Stephan

PP Stephan Staff Member

You should have a checkbox when entering the credentials for the first time - this has to be checked once for every location you connect to.

4. p

priv4teme New Member

Thank you, I have another question regarding Tunnelblick with obfsproxy. I am at the last step of installation; running
    sudo obfsproxy obfs3 socks 127.0.0.1:LOCAL_PORT. I get a syntax error with port 990.

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

X-MacBook:~ X$ sudo obfsproxy obfs3 socks 127.0.0.1:990

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/bin/obfsproxy", line 7, in <module>

from obfsproxy.pyobfsproxy import run

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/obfsproxy/pyobfsproxy.py", line 183

except ValueError, err:

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

X-MacBook:~ X$

How can I fix this?

5. PP Stephan

PP Stephan Staff Member

What MacOS version are you running?

Possibly this is an issue with Python 3.x - our Mac developer will try to reproduce this problem

6. PP Stephan

PP Stephan Staff Member

We found the problem. Obfsproxy currently does not work with Python3 (only Python2).

Try the following:

pip3 uninstall obfsproxy
    brew install python2
    pip2 install obfsproxy

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice