open vpn wont work anymore just ipsec

jordans

Freshly Joined Member
so its been mouths since OpenVpn dosent work, i did the support ticket and i never got a reply

Attachments

• error files 2.txt
    25.6 KB · Views: 18
Not sure which ticket you mean, which number has it? The log is the debug not, to have a chance to find the reasons for a non working connection the connection log is required though (magnifying glass icon next to the connection).

I had the same problem.
I solved it by completely uninstalling the windows Tap Adapter from Device Manager then re-installing Perfect Privacy VPN Manager.
Perfect Privacy installed the Tap Adapter itself which worked fine.

I had the same problem.
I solved it by completely uninstalling the windows Tap Adapter from Device Manager then re-installing Perfect Privacy VPN Manager.
Perfect Privacy installed the Tap Adapter itself which worked fine.
i checked and i dont have any kind of tap adaptor installed in the computer, i have previously deleted and re-istalled the private privacy manager several times i had this issue and it didnt solved the problem. do you thing the problem is that i dont have a tap Adapter installed/

Not sure which ticket you mean, which number has it? The log is the debug not, to have a chance to find the reasons for a non working connection the connection log is required though (magnifying glass icon next to the connection).
i dont see any of the tickets that i previously sent to the support team, also in the file i sent the report is debugged if that is what you mean.

i uninstalled and installed back the program i also found the Tap adapter and uninstalled it
right now im getting error code 1168 GetBestInterfaceEx returned error: Element not found
does anyone know how to fix it? thanks

Attachments

• (code=1168).txt
    53.9 KB · Views: 0
I'm not sure about the error you are getting.
This is what I did to cure my issue.

1- Completely uninstall Perfect Privacy VPN Manager.
2- Locate and uninstall TAP-windows adapter v9 from device manager, also making sure to check the "delete the driver software for this device" box if available.
3- Check there are no more TAP-windows adapter v9 entries. If there are, remove these the same way.
4- Reset windows firewall to default
5- Reboot system
6- Reinstall Perfect Privacy VPN Manager.

I think that maybe in my case I could have updated the TAP adapter to one which didn't work well with the Perfect Privacy software.
Maybe I installed an adapter which was Beta.
I'll refrain from doing that in future.

Back