Answered: Open Port Leak?

While I've found that Perfect Privacy passes the IP leak and DNS leak tests, I decided to visit a validation website that I haven't visited in a while just to see what "score" Perfect Privacy would get. While I was satisfied with the score, one thing that concerned me were the open ports notices:

OpenProxyPorts1.png

Here are the ports listed. While I expect port 80 to be shown here, I did not expect the two other ports:

OpenProxyPorts2.png

So what is the meaning of this? Why do we have open ports in what should be a VPN service?

Solution
No worries.

Every PP-Server is running additional proxy services (Squid, SOCKS5,..), which a customer can use (if required).

If you are connected to a VPN-Server (Amsterdam for example) and doing a leak test, the testing site is scanning for open ports on the connected IP.

And for sure are these ports open, due to the running proxy services on the servers (even if you don`t use them).

The leak site cannot distinguish if your are connected via VPN or via the supported proxy service. It is just recognizing the open proxy ports.
No worries.

Every PP-Server is running additional proxy services (Squid, SOCKS5,..), which a customer can use (if required).

If you are connected to a VPN-Server (Amsterdam for example) and doing a leak test, the testing site is scanning for open ports on the connected IP.

And for sure are these ports open, due to the running proxy services on the servers (even if you don`t use them).

The leak site cannot distinguish if your are connected via VPN or via the supported proxy service. It is just recognizing the open proxy ports.

Solution
Back