Answered: netflix not working with new york server(s)

necro1

ive been trying for several days now with no luck...it used to work without issue until the beginning of the week....now netflix says im located in Belize while using the new york server and wont allow me to use their services....why would the new york server make netflix think im in Belize?

Solution
It is possible that Streaming is not running, but as Security Service it is not our main task......

To watch Netflix and Co you should check Services which specialized for this like Smart DNS Service.....
its working for me but it once again shows im connecting from belize.......dns leaktest shows my ip within the us (Lewes, United States) not new york though...but connection activity within the netflix service shows belize......perhaps its a shoddy server provider outsourcing but it should still be working as a us server cause thats what we are paying for....while us servers may not be the most popular they still have thier uses and when i try to connect to one i should be able to get one

Hi All,
I am unfortunately having the same problem and I'm quite disappointed. I'm paying for a service that is not fulfilling its purpose...
I hope the PP team will make it work soon.

If anybody figures out a solution I would appreciate if you could share it.

I do understand that it's annoying for you that Netflix isn't working. It's not working for me, either. But you don't pay PP for unblocking Netflix - it's not the purpose of PP, but to greatly improve your privacy on the internet. Though, I'd like to see an official answer if there's anything to make it working, too.

@rumpel it is stated right on the "why vpn" tab of the web site as a purpose and selling point: [h=2]Access Country-Specific Content and Avoid Censorship[/h]
Many services and offers in the Internet are restricted to specific countries. For instance, the BBC offers a stream of their TV program but only for users who are connected with a British IP address. Same applies to the US based streaming provider hulu.com which only allows access from IP addresses originating in the US.
You can circumvent such restrictions, provided your VPN provider offers you servers at the location you need. With Perfect Privacy you can choose what country to use, use our London server to access BBC or the server in New York to watch on hulu.com

@PP Daniel i connect using the pp vpn manager and unless im missing something i see no options for different servers or IP addresses

i like PP and all that it offers, and a few bumps here and there are expected from time to time, for me its all about fixing the problems when they arise...im far from jumping ship but would still like to see this addressed

Hi necro1,
I'm glad to hear that it's working again for you.
Unfortunately it still doesn't work for me. I have tried to connect to the New York servers via Tunnelblick and via Viscosity (both on Mac) and then tried to watch American netflix shows (I deleted all cookies, history etc. before each try) via Safari and via Firefox.
I was not able to view any American shows or seasons with any of those methods!

Could you maybe share what your configuration looks like necro1?

Thanks for your help in advance!

As an addition to my last post (I couldn't find an edit function for the post):

After finding out that I can still not use the New York servers for watching Netflix via Tunnelblick or Viscosity on the Mac, I tried it on other platforms.

iPad: I used OpenVPN on the iPad and it worked perfectly
Windows: I used Parallels to start Windows 7 on my Mac and then I used the Perfect Privacy VPN Manager to connect to the New York servers. I then logged onto Netflix and everything worked perfectly

Conclusion:
There seems to be some issues with Tunnelblick, Viscosity or some system related issue when using Perfect Privacy servers on the Mac. Could it be possible that there is some operating system related IP leak or something similar involved?

Does anybody know a way to fix this problem? It would be great to be able to use Netflix without starting up Parallels every time

I realized that Smart DNS is the best way to watch Netflix especially if you are using an ATV. Personally I am using Getflix.

Most of the VPN do not work except maybe NordVPN or F-Secure Freedome that I successfully tried.

This still does not work ... in fact none of the U.S. servers I've tried allow me to watch Netflix while connected to VPN.. pretty disappointing, but I realize it's an industry-wide issue.. (It's still bad advertising on Perfect Privacy's part though)

It is possible that Streaming is not running, but as Security Service it is not our main task......

To watch Netflix and Co you should check Services which specialized for this like Smart DNS Service.....

Solution
Back