Location Tracking

R

redi

How is it possible that different websites are able to reveal my current location when i'm connected on VPN to servers in different countries? I've tried 2 different browsers, disabled geolocation services on them (and also on the computer), deleted all cookies, history, etc, used private browsing, tried every tip&trick one can find online, and still i see my current location when accessing the google homepage (while websites like whatismyip still show the ip/location of the server with which i'm connected). It may be worth noting that this happens only when i'm connected to some specific servers. Some other times google thinks my location is somewhere in the middle east, and shows its services in Arabic.

Last edited by a moderator:
The "middle east problem" often occcurs with the Netherland servers like Rotterdam and Amsterdam. Maybe many arabic people in Europe using this two servers.

The same-ip-after-hiding-your location-problem may depend on your former ip-address. Google can remember your ip and location, and shows the one it knows. Or your fingerprint is so precise, that google knows you. Do you tried cascading?

Back