Answered: Is Something Going On With The Dallas Server?

I'm getting port scan notifications (current Windows Firewall setup is configured to block all port scans) whenever I'm connected to the Dallas server. The scans are coming from a location in Panama (IP addresses: 45.227.255.59 and 141.98.80.22 which is the exact same hosting company). This ONLY happens when I'm connected to the Dallas server, and not any other server. Perhaps the Dallas server has been compromised?

Solution
OR, a compromised server where the hacker is analyzing your traffic.....
A hacker analyzing your traffic would do that in a passive way, no need to send anything to you...
Do you have any port forwards or random port forwarding enabled in the member settings area?
Because thats the only way random stuff gets through to your client...
Your client PC should just drop these packets and all is well.
I'm getting port scan notifications (current Windows Firewall setup is configured to block all port scans) whenever I'm connected to the Dallas server. The scans are coming from a location in Panama (IP addresses: 45.227.255.59 and 141.98.80.22 which is the exact same hosting company). This ONLY happens when I'm connected to the Dallas server, and not any other server. Perhaps the Dallas server has been compromised?

While not related to port scans, I have noticed a consistent drop in throughput since around 2020-09-30T22:00:00Z; where I once was able to pull around 550-614 MBPS, I am now barely able to manage 300 MBPS. Oddly enough, latency still seems to be ok. Oversaturated link perhaps?

While not related to port scans, I have noticed a consistent drop in throughput since around 2020-09-30T22:00:00Z; where I once was able to pull around 550-614 MBPS, I am now barely able to manage 300 MBPS. Oddly enough, latency still seems to be ok. Oversaturated link perhaps?

A hacker analyzing your traffic would do that in a passive way, no need to send anything to you...
Do you have any port forwards or random port forwarding enabled in the member settings area?
Because thats the only way random stuff gets through to your client...
Your client PC should just drop these packets and all is well.

Solution
Back