How to disable certain servers

alevikpes

Hello!

I am wondering, if it is possible to configure PP, such that it does not use servers in certain countries. For example, I do not want to use servers in Russia, US and Canada. Is it possible to do it?

Solution
It'll be the server that the system determines is best suited to route your request to the end point so quite likely one that's geographically close. Internet traffic might change it sometimes to a physically longer but less congested route. Basically whatever way gets you there the fastest.
If a site is not hosted on a single server but has mirrors across the globe it might also swap one for another sometimes, for example I'm connected to Stockholm this morning and first got served Youtube's Norway page but a couple minutes ago it changed to the Netherlands, and for all I now this afternoon it'll be France or the UK.
If you're talking about the neuro routing function then I suppose not, since the network will automatically pick the server that's best suited. Although that connection will of course originate from the server (or servers if you set up a multi hop) that you initially connected to yourself so the server you don't want to use will only be the last piece of the chain you set up before.

It'll be the server that the system determines is best suited to route your request to the end point so quite likely one that's geographically close. Internet traffic might change it sometimes to a physically longer but less congested route. Basically whatever way gets you there the fastest.
If a site is not hosted on a single server but has mirrors across the globe it might also swap one for another sometimes, for example I'm connected to Stockholm this morning and first got served Youtube's Norway page but a couple minutes ago it changed to the Netherlands, and for all I now this afternoon it'll be France or the UK.

Solution
Back