Asia server

mikedakke

Asia server uncomfortable
The server is too small.
I am envious of users in Europe and North America.
Korean users are slow in Europe and North America, so only Japan is normal.
However, Japanese servers were slow. I do not expect much, so please increase it to 200mbps.
Is not it an excuse for the server to be expensive? I do not want much

Asian server users are very uncomfortable compared to expensive monthly charges.
Is this a premium service?

Well, I lived in Japan for over a year. Based on my experiences there I would rank the Asian servers as follows:
  • Singapore: Always relatively fast both ping responses and bandwidth
  • Hongkong: Most of the time good. However sometimes offline or under very heavy load
  • Japan: Sometimes the server is fast, sometimes it's literally dial up speed and somehow during the last few months under increasingly heavy load. Which means there should be a reasonably high demand to expand the Japanese, or generally East-Asian server capacities in the future.
@mikedakke
your observation regarding the Japanese server is correct. however you didn't specify what bandwidth you can actually measure when connected to the JP server. 'slow' is very inaccurate when talking about internet speeds. Especially considering that 1gbit/s fiber optic internet connections are becoming increasingly common in Korea and Japan. For instance, my former apartment's connection was 1gbit/s (down) in central Tokyo. On good days I could get 20-30Mbit/s on the Tokyo Server. On other days only say ~200kbit/s. Personally, I wouldn't consider 20-30Mbit/s to be slow though. It's actually pretty good for an openvpn connection imo. So if you got one of those ridiculously fast internet subscriptions like I did, please don't expect achievable bandwidths anywhere near your providers max advertised speed.
Please post the results of speedtests of the 3 server locations i mentioned above. Really curious to see those results.

Back